How to proceed:
- Arrange a couple of pieces of firewood at the bottom of the stove and top with a handful of kindling. Place a couple firelighters between the pieces of firewood, and light.
- Leave the door ajar the first couple of minutes until the fire catches on. Now close the door.
- Open the damper. Start with the damper completely open to start, so the stove has maximum air supply when lighting.
- Once the fire has caught on, close the damper halfway.
- Once there is a good layer of cinder, add a little firewood and open the damper a little more until there are steady flames.